30 July 2009

A picture in my office

There is a picture in my office of my wife and then 5 year old daughter sticking their heads out of the v-berth hatch with huge smiles as I sit comfortably at the helm in the back of the boat. My father in law took the picture and it's pretty special to me, combining two of my favorite things: family and sailing.



Every time I look at it, I'm reminded that I need to go sailing more. Maybe that will spur me to write about sailing more but in the meantime, I'm also reminded about the reason I haven't sailed as much this summer: family. My littler girl has blossomed into a very fast swimmer; she loves going to meets and has been swimming most every weekend this summer, thus keeping me from sailing.

It won't last forever, she has all but one weekend in August and one in September off. After that, we're off to the races again. I wonder if anyone would mind if I changed the tagline of this blog from "crapola, sailing, me and more me" to "swimming, sailing, me and more me"?

5 comments:

bonnie said...

I have no problem with that. Will you be weighing in on the big swimsuit controversy, then?

tillerman said...

Wow. There used to be a guy who looked just like you who used to write a blog about sailing. I wonder what happened to him?

EVK4 said...

Could have been EVK1 (dead), EVK2 (dead), or more likely EVK3 (he's alive but retired from sailing). Not sure who you're thinking about.

Carol Anne said...

Hey, welcome back. You're just in time to participate in the Five O'Clock Somewhere writing project -- you have until midnight (Samoa time) tonight.

Pat said...

It's your blog and your tagline, but I sure hope to hear more family sailing stories.