30 September 2008

VOR: It starts this weekend

Since I have officially gone on record as supporting Green Dragon, I need to remind everyone to root for them this weekend. The Volvo Ocean Race officially starts on Saturday 4 October 2008 with the In Port Race in Alicante. Finally.

I have no idea how the points work and really don't care since it seems very odd that teams can skip legs and still win. I just love following where they're going, what the wind is like, what kind of routing decisions they make, and the videos. I love the freakin' videos. These boats are incredible (and remember I, too, am a Serious Ocean Going Racer so I know about these things).

This year each boat has a media crewmember, someone responsible for writing, filming, documenting the trip. They're each experienced offshore sailors that are going to try to bring the race home to us. I have no idea how real-time this will be but if they get even remotely web 2.0 on us, this race will surpass even last edition's thriller.

Let the racing begin.

2 comments:

Wicketywack said...

Wait, you're not supporting Puma? What the hell!?

EVK4 said...

Green Dragon has a cooler name.