14 August 2008

Richmond South Beach Race

Taking a short break from the Pacific Cup, I got my calendar sorted out a bit and it looks like I am available to sail on Saturday, September 6, 2008. So what am I going to do? The Richmond South Beach Race, another one in the tradition of the Three Bridge Fiasco. It's a single or doublehanded race that just goes all over the Bay. Meaning a very long day.

You start at Richmond, go around The Brothers, head over to Little Harding, round NAS 2 and end up at McCovey Cove. I'm pretty sure you're technically in four different counties through the course of the race. It starts at 11:05A and the time limit is 7:00P. Wow, that's a lot of sailing.

Here's the course:


Of course, the marks are approximate as is the route. I tried to not have it go over land but it's entirely possible I have myself going through some bridge towers. I guess that's OK as long as I'm not carrying a ton of oil.

I'm still not 100% sure about it but if I can get a crew member I think I'll go for this thing.

No comments: