30 July 2008

Bandwidth, precious bandwidth

Now that I'm comfortably back on land, have shaved the beard and am getting ready to go to a luau, I can share my plans with the blog-reading-public. Since Oceanaire's brave captain deemed it necessary to download up to 24 grib files per day, and the entirety of our weekly sailmail allotment was used basically every day, I was shut off from blogging. So I went low-tech: pen and paper, 75 pages full of notes, observations and introspection. And three digital cameras with 6GB of storage.

I'm going to do two things to make up for my lack of on-water blogging. First, I will recreate the blogs that I would have done from my journal. Second, I'm going to create a google map that will show our track with pertinent excerpts from my journal and pictures so you can see how the weather and crew condition changed en route. You're going to freak out when you see day 8. Or day 9. Either way, freaking out will occur.

First stop, Before the Start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So I went low-tech: pen and paper, 75 pages full of notes, observations and introspection. And three digital cameras with 6GB of storage."

Look forward to the novel:-)

Zen said...

Whahoo!