22 January 2008

Is This Just Too Much To Ask For?

SW winds 10 to 20 kt. Chance of rain.

And a flood current at the start? This should be a good Three Bridge Fiasco.

Based on that wind, I'm thinking about changing over to counter-clockwise. Quickly jump down to blackaller, then ride the flood on a beam reach down to TI, go around TI with a bit of adverse current but a run down to Red Rock, by the time I'm there, the ebb will be starting and have a close reach home on the conveyor belt. Maybe I should map this out, it's just too good to be true.

SW winds 15 to 25 kt. Rain likely.

Now, this is where the world gets back at me. A day after spending something like 12 hours on the water, we have new sail testing on the Pac Cup ride. Granted it will be in the protected oasis known as Alameda. I guess it's as good of a way to get to know a boat as any.

And, of course, we all know forecasts change.


EVK4 said...

Mere hours after I post this, it changes to:

Sat S winds 5 to 15 kt. Chance of showers.

Lighter winds and southerlies....I'd better not even try to make a decision until Saturday.

EVK4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EVK4 said...

NOAA says:

Se winds 10 to 20 kt...becoming E 5 to 15 kt after midnight. Rain.

SFSailing says:

Saturday. Rain. Highs in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph.

I don't think I'll get crew with that second forecast.