Last week, I noticed that V was dangerously close to losing a finger or two as he tried to uncleat a very loaded jib sheet. Hopefully he doesn't read this and belatedly realize how close to dismemberment he was. But that's a risk I have to take. Because I have installed the new cleats. Finally.
Now, I can cleat easily after winching. And, more importantly, uncleat from the high side during a tack. Those ancient ass horn cleats are still helpful for a spring line at the dock. Every cleat has its place.
Since it was foggy and somewhat dreary, my beautiful wife and I decided to not sail in the morning, installing the cleats instead. As the fog lifted, we realized we didn't have time to sail if we wanted to keep our babysitters on the job for the summer so we came up with an alternate plan. We -- actually just my beautiful wife -- installed the Flor modular carpet, finally replacing the nasty crummy oatmeal colored shag that was collecting dirt, debris, and dustbunnies.
Much cleaner looking.
Now, Camille can play hookie from puppet-making camp tomorrow and sail on a cleaner, safer, and cleatier boat.