09 May 2006

Hot Boats

I usually post about my own sailing experiences, but sadly this last weekend I didn't sail. Or even work on the boat for that matter.

What I have done is read about sailing voraciously over the past week as the Volvo Ocean Race has been in full swing. Today on Sailing Anarchy, a gentleman named Foredeck Shuffle posted this shot of the seven VO70s lined up in Annapolis.

Credit: Foredeck Shuffle

What's so cool in this shot is that a couple of the boats have lightweight sails rigged as their battle flag. How cool would it be to have a Pirates in-port jib flying at all times. I bet even the seagulls would be scared of my boat.

2 comments:

Zen said...

or the gulls...they will use it for target practice!

Tillerman said...

Just hang up that picture of yourself in a pirate hat - that will scare anything.