28 April 2005

Operation Barbeque Freedom

I accomplished Phase 1 of the Liberation of the BBQ Secret last night, attending a clandestine meeting of "cooks" to determine the schedule and responsibilities for the "fund-raiser". I was given access to an overview of the BBQ Operation, hearing some indirect heating secrets, the length of time for searing, some moisture control techniques, and finally the optimal wood for "smoking".

I was told that the "sauce" secrets will not be divulged but I believe I will learn enough during the actual operation about the cooking aspects that I may be able to get within a few degrees of tastiness and succulence that my lack of the official "sauce" will be acceptable.

I have built my duffel-bag-cam and am ready to liberate these secrets for the betterment of mankind. Updates after the "fund-raiser".

No comments: